Monday, November 20, 2017

Bundle Up and Catch Snowflakes

     Today is "S" day at Beccy's Place 30 Days of Holiday Cards and and I'm using Milton Giraffe who's catching Snowflakes while he stays warm all wrapped up in his Scarves.  Scarves are very necessary for a long-necked giraffe who lives on the savanna in Africa and definitely isn't used to Snow!  Just think how bad a Sore throat would be in a neck that size.  :-D


     I used a pre-colored image but I added Seafoam glitter to one of the Scarves and to the Snowflake.  I cut the image with a die from Spellbinders and layered it onto a Scrap of burlap cloth, then added those to the card front.

     I wrapped Snowflake ribbon around one side of the card front and added Sparkly Snowflakes on top of the ribbon.  The Sentiment was printed and die cut with another die from Spellbinders.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More
Beccy's Place
Crafty Addicts
Inspiration Destination
Mod Squad
Paper Shelter
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrappy Land
Simon Says Stamp
Unicorn

     That's it for today.  Hope you can scroll down and see my first post of the day.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

I just LOVE sweet Milton! I have him in my collection too! He is just too cute not to have! Thanks for sharing your adorable card with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Suzanne H said...

You really get your most of each challenge at Beccy's. I should wait to do my card after I've read your blog. You have such great ideas and wonderful designs!

Beccy said...

Superb card NC, and you've out done yourself with all the "S" words in your post. I really like the textile background, the burlap adds great texture to your design and is a lovely contrast for the pretty snowflake ribbon. The die cut mat is awesome too. Wonderful job!
Cheers,
Beccy

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a stunning card that giraffe is just darling. Thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 27 “Anything Goes.” Hugs Jackie (DT)

Macimbalo said...

So pretty! Love what you did to the scarf and the burlap is a great addition! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Well, the image is hilarious! You framed it well with that spellbinder's die. I love the burlap, perfect! Thanks for sharing your talent at Penny's Paper Crafty challenges.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Such a cute card, I love that pretty snowflake ribbon. Thanks so much for playing at The Paper Challenge Add a Snowflake this week! Hugs:) Audrey DT

Glenda Atkins said...

Too cute, love this image and love that burlap background, quite a wonderful card!
hugs
Glenda

Susan Renshaw said...

So cute! Love that image!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Another super card, again thanks for sharing it with us over at the Crafty Addicts this month!
Hugs Donna DT xx