Monday, August 7, 2017

Fish Wish

     Can you tell that my visits to the beaches this summer are influencing my crafting?  Yes, it's true but in this case, the fish image came from the Progressive Challenge at The Outlawz and it's by Tangle Street.  Not that I didn't jump in right away to use it.  :-D


I was inspired by the colors I found at Sugar Pea Designs.


     I printed the angel fish three times, in different sizes, with one of them reversed.  They're all colored with ProMarkers and then fussy cut.  I used a blue card base because it was a perfect color to represent water.

     I got the sheer, sparkly ribbon out of my stash, wrapped it around the card front and tied it into a square knot.  Then I mounted the fish using Pop Dots.  The final touch was the printed sentiment.  Clean, simple, masculine, and easy to mail.  One more birthday card for my stash.

     Challenges:
Crafting with an Attitude
Crafty Creations
Creative Fingers
Creative Moments
DL.ART Thursday
I {heart} ProMarkers
Outlawz Festive Fridays
Penny's Paper-Crafty

     That's all I have for today.  I may even venture outside today since the weather predictors are saying that we're going to have a wonderful "cool down" on our temperatures.  They don't expect it to get above 99F !!  And if tomorrow only gets to 98F (as predicted), then we will have ended our 3rd heat wave of the summer which only ran for 18 consecutive days this time.  The record setter was in June when we had a 19 day heat wave, the longest in recorded history for our area.

     And you were wondering why I've been either gone or hiding out so much this summer?  lol

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Great job on this. I love how 3 dimensional your fish are. hugs, Teresa

Kerin said...

Wow, your fish are beautiful! Thanks for taking the time to join us this month at SugarPea Designs!

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 339 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the fish and their greeting, great idea to add a ribbon for them to swim on.
Faith
x

*Vicki* said...

Love the different fish and in the variety of colors!! They look like they are really swimming along on your card here! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Anna-Karin said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wow Nana Connie, this is a wonderful creation!

Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Sollan said...

Completely stunning card!I love the colours.Thanks for joining us over at Creative Moments Challenges. Please join in with us again. We hope you will come back and play with us again. Good Luck with the challenge. Sollan member of the DT.

Ardyth said...

Love the classic feel of the realistic fish - that ribbon helps to provide movement to your 'ocean'! Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea's Mix it Up Challenge!